2015 was the year of Go. With 10 international Go conferences this year, Go is set to go places!
Go is the language for the decade to come.
- To get you up-to-speed in Go programming.
- You have some programming background (not just HTML / CSS).
- The focus of the lessons would be application-oriented programming not systems programming.
- I will assume that you have no previous knowledge of Go.
- The course does not teach you how to program, rather it teaches you how to use Go.
- Do introduce yourself in the Social Forum
- Learning and asking questions as a group 'jump-starts' the Go learning process.
- Our group would be a 'happy mix' of youngsters, oldies (like me), beginners and experienced programmers (in other languages).
Since I am taking this course for the first time on this platform, I would appreciate all constructive feedback.
Brief Background of the Main Mentor - Satish Talim
- Over 37 years of industry experience.
- Worked with Assembly, Cobol, C, Java, Ruby and Go programming languages.
- Founder Director of two software companies.
- Co-organizer of many Indian technical conferences like DevOpsDays India, GopherConIndia and RubyConfIndia.
- Author of many programming books on Amazon and Leanpub.
- Teaching programming languages since 1995.